THE CROWN

 During my TWW, I started watching "The Crown". It was such a great distraction from the anxiety I was feeling, and like many Americans I know, I'm fascinated by the British royal family. 

Well I'm embarrassed yet proud to say that I have finished all 4 seasons (it's only 40 episodes haha) in a matter of a week. Like most UK shows that I've watched so far, the seasons are short and the pace is fairly quick though there are what I call "slow-burn" episodes here and there. It gave me new insight into the family members I never thought about (Princess Margaret and Princess Anne in particular), and made me see other members in a different way (especially THE love triangle; Diana, Charles, Camilla). I also realized what brilliant actresses Claire Foy and Vanessa Kirby are; I'm actually binge-watching their Youtube interviews now, hah!

Last night was a different story; a huge wave of sadness washed over me as I came to the realization that I would get my period very soon. I was staring at the TV, not really paying attention as tears rolled down my face. I kept trying to push the sadness out, and it eventually worked because I stopped crying. My husband was working on something in the next room so he didn't know what was happening just moments before he came into the living room. He asked me what I was watching and I confessed that I wasn't paying attention because I was suddenly overcome with emotion. Right then and there, another wave washed over me and I started sobbing uncontrollably. My husband, despite his excruciating back pain, sat down and wrapped his arms around me and comforted me. Even as I type this now, I feel my eyes welling up. I don't remember this feeling lasting for more than 24 hours before. It must be a combination of hormones and the disappointment I've felt every time I got my period in the past several months. 

While I do feel better today, I still feel a bit down and very emotional; in a way I can't quite control. This is where The Crown comes in again...while it's okay to allow yourself a good cry now and again, I just don't want to continue feeling awful (cramps are painful enough), so I'm indulging in things that distract me by entertaining me. I know the last paragraph took a sad turn, but these are just some of the feelings one goes through during the dreaded TWW when they're met with less than ideal news. However, I do want to continue to emphasize that we can still enjoy the fun things in life. What should I watch next? I hear The Undoing and The Queen's Gambit are a must-see. 

Claire Foy as Queen Elizabeth II, Matt Smith as Prince Philip


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TTC

I GAVE IN

UNITED STATES OF ANXIETY